Thursday, September 30, 2010

Abbey Road on the River - DC

Labor Day weekend I attended Abbey Road on the River at the National Harbor in DC. I was lucky I live in the western DC suburbs. It was about 40 minutes to drive there and well worth the effort.

The event is a 5 day event and I really wish I could have justified the money to stay at the hotel and do more than just one day. However, I think for next year, I'd like to at least stay one night. With just one day, there were so many things that I missed because it just wasn't possible to be everywhere at once.

Me with David Bedford, author of Liddypool
Through my interactions with a group of fans in the UK, I had met David Bedford online and he had told me to introduce myself if I made it to his talk. I am glad I made the effort. His talk about his book Liddypool was one of the highlights of the day. I even splurged and purchased his book which he kindly personalized for me. It is a wonderful book.


We heard several excellent bands but because of time, not as many as we would have liked. We did catch The English Channel, shown above. They were fab.

We missed seeing the Apple Core Band, but they were there and through the video I made (see below), I connected with the band and have since seen them perform elsewhere. Again, they are a fabulous band.

So to give you an idea of what the day was like, you can watch a short video that I made of the day here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLkUH39Xm60

Enjoy and if you plan to go in 2011, send me a comment and maybe we can meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment